Originally posted on An und für sich:
First let’s dispense with some of the straw man arguments…
- This article is not about capitalism or math or philosophy in general — it’s about post-fordism as a specific historical period.
- It does not say that realism is bad or that realism should be thrown out.
- It does not say that math or software are bad or that they should be thrown out.
- It does not say that “OOO equals capitalism, therefore OOO is bad.”
- It does not say that math entered philosophy under post-fordism — math has always been a part of philosophy.
- It does not deny that math has always been a part of capitalism, prior to post-fordism.
- It is not a defense of humanism.
View original 1,027 more words